Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Return of the killer fibroids

As I type this post, my eyes are barely open. I'm exhausted because last night I got another visit from the killer fibroids. I don't know what's going on but this new onslaught was particularly ugly. I was almost home from work when the pain hit me. Here I am driving in my car, minding my own business, and then the worst cramps that you can imagine start pounding away in my uterus. UGH! The torture.

I get home around 6:00 p.m., take a couple Advil (a total of 6 for the day) and then sit down to watch some TV. The pain subsided a little and I thought it was easing up for good, but that wasn't to be the case. The pain returned full blast and I went upstairs to my room to lay on the bed with my hot water bottle. I was moaning and groaning, tossing and turning ALL NIGHT. The heat from the hot water bottle was a little soothing but the weight and pressure of the bottle was not. I couldn't get any relief. I ended up taking two more Advils (now a total of 8...I know I'm killing my liver) and still no relief and barely any sleep.

The pain didn't end until about 4:30 a.m. this morning. My alarm clock is set for 5:00 a.m., so what's that, like a half hour of pain-free sleep? No wonder I'm exhausted. I just want to put my head down on my desk and go to sleep, or go home early today.

Oh yeah, and one more thing. I totally trashed my diet already today. I started out good by eating an apple, toast, and half a yogurt for a total of 3.5 pts. Then I got the munchies on the way to work and went to Mickey D's and got a sausage biscuit combo with OJ! I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I'm just a sleepy oinker today.

I think the cramp attack last night fried my brain. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >