Monday, May 01, 2006

Let the renovations (finally) begin

Remember back in February when I mentioned that I wanted to install new flooring in my bathrooms? Well Mr. Hawkins (or "Hawk" for short), the carpenter, is at my house right now as I type this starting the work on my floors. I couldn't be more happy. Throughout the week, Hawk will be busy installing new ceramic tile in my 3 bathrooms, installing new wood baseboards in the bathrooms, replacing the rotted wood trim on the exterior of my house, and then repainting the entire exterior trim. The best thing about this is that I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANY OF IT. I don't have to talk about it anymore and drive my boyfriend, friends, and family crazy because IT WILL ALREADY BE DONE. I'm so starved for new home improvements that I'm actually sitting here at work counting the minutes before I can get out of this office and get home to see what's been done.

I'm hoping that this is just the start of a brand new home transformation because after these projects, I need to get a new refrigerator (the freezer door is broken), powerwash and stain my deck and fence, plant new plants in my garden, and...oh yeah... um...possibly repaint the bathroom...AGAIN!. Yeah...um...I guess I neglected to update you on the status of my bathroom paint job. I HATE the new color. It was supposed to be a nice light greyish blue color but instead came out a sickly baby blue. Yuck! If the new ceramic tile doesn't make the walls look better (and why would it?), I'm going to repaint it a warm color like burgundy. If you have any other suggestions, please comment. I don't trust myself to pick out paint colors anymore. I officially have problems because I've painted the bathroom twice now and I've hated both choices of colors. But I must say both colors were huge improvements over the Pepto Bismol pink that was originally in the bathroom when I bought the place (CRAZY EX-HOMEOWNERS).

I'm hoping that after I get all the repair stuff out of the way, I can treat myself to a new bedroom and living room set. I'll probably be broke by the end of the summer but my house will look FABULOUS!

Anyway, did I tell you I'm getting new ceramic tile in my bathrooms?! I'm so excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >