Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Missed my last WW meeting...sigh

I took the day off from work on Monday because I needed to recuperate from this past weekend's activities. Derrick, Jamal and I went to Pittsburgh to visit Derrick's family for the Easter holiday weekend and it was more than a little hectic. Imagine 8 kids (ages 1, 2, 3 [three of them], 5, and 8 [two of them]) and you get why it was so hectic. BUT they were also a lot of fun. I love it when kids (especially cousins) get together. They are so wild and crazy.

I tried to eat well while I was away but it's always hard to do that when you're away from your routine and I couldn't resist the kids' Easter candy, particularly the jelly beans (my weakness). So besides staying home from work to recuperate I was also ducking my last Weight Watchers meeting (my meetings are at work) because I was sure that I had gained. I got on the scale Sunday night (the night before weigh in) to assess the damage from the weekend and it looked as though I had GAINED 2 or 3 POUNDS (totally unacceptable!!!). I considered using my "no weigh-in pass" but decided that doing that would be too depressing so instead I figured it was further reason for me to take the day off.

Now, however, I realize that was dumb since I actually ended up losing weight and not gaining. While I was at home on Monday (and not at work), I got on my scale and weighed myself at 1:00 p.m., the same time that I usually weigh in at work. The scale reflected a 3 to 4 pound LOSS! I hate when the scale isn't consistent from one day to the next. I just messed up a perfect meeting attendance record at my LAST MEETING! I'm quite positive that if I had weighed in yesterday I officially would have reached my 10% goal. Sigh... I can be so silly sometimes.

But, I can't be too upset about it. Even though I don't know exactly how much I lost according to Weight Watchers, I do know that I definitely lost something because my charcoal grey pants that were too tight last week are now on my behind today and fitting me PERFECTLY!!! I guess running after 8 kids cancels out the results of a jelly bean attack... Who knew?

So now that the work WW meetings are over, I'm committing to starting the Saturday morning WW meetings in my hometown again. I'm determined to be a size 10 (or less) by my birthday in December. I really think I'm going to make it this time.

*********************
Menu (so far)
English muffin w/ butter - 2 pts
Coffee w/ cream - 1 pt
Chicken sandwich - 6 pts
Apple dippers - 1 pt

10 pts eaten, 35 weekly flex pts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >