Sunday, April 02, 2006

Visiting the cherry blossoms


Derrick, his son Jamal, and I went to see the cherry blossoms today. The weather was beautiful, so of course the place was packed. A beautiful day when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom always brings out hoards of people, but despite the crush, we still had a great time.

We took pictures, ate Italian ices (yum), and had an overall nice time admiring the beautiful and the not so beautiful sites around us. I don't know why it is but as soon as the weather starts getting a little warm, people start wearing their summer clothes. It's not that hot outside, people!


Some people looked great. They have been working out all winter and they can't wait to show off their well toned bodies. BUT there were also those that never denied themselves a cheeseburger during the winter months, and now that the weather is nice, they put on last year's summer clothes thinking that they could still fit them. Well they couldn't. I saw more jiggly bellies rolling over jeans and hip bulges peeking out of hip huggers than I ever cared to see. It is my heartfelt belief that if you do not have the body to wear certain clothes, then please don't. It just looks so sad and hurts my eyes. I was mentally writing out fashion police ticket violations all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >