Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Taking the day off

I've decided that today is a good day to take off from work. Personal disappointments and work stress will be on the back burner today. I need a mental health break. I'm going to use this me time to spend the day with my mom getting our eyebrows arched and a manicure/pedicure, checking out some furniture stores (I need a new bedroom and living room set), and later maybe even working out to one of my new DVDs.

And for once, I'm not going to feel guilty for taking some me time. For some reason, my work days are extremely slow until I take off. Then I get all of these funky requests, even when I notify everyone that I'll be out. Well that won't happen this time. Today is for me (and my mom).

Maybe we'll even work in a massage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Good for you! I am a firm advocate of mental health days. Have a great time with your mom!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Dee! I took last Friday off and it felt good even though I had a doctor's appt.

Gladys

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >