Thursday, March 16, 2006

My man: The entrepreneur

For years, my boyfriend and I have been talking about wanting to start our own businesses: mine, a writing/editing and graphic design business; and his, a computer maintenance/repair/retail business. Well currently, my desire is still a dream, but over the past few weeks, my boyfriend has made his dream a reality.

He and two of his friends, in just a few weeks, have turned a $60 investment ($20 contribution from each of them) into almost $2,000 and are using this profit to further expand their business. They are distributing fliers, networking, and making plans to attend trade shows to get their business out into the public eye. And it's all working. The phone is ringing off the hook.

He's shown me over the past few weeks that dreams can really be achieved when you stop talking about them and start reaching for them. He's inspired me. I plan to start reaching for mine today.

---
Menu (so far)
Pineapples - 2 pts
Raisin oatmeal - 3 pts

5 pts (eaten), 32 weekly flex pts

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

That's great! Congrats to him.
I have no doubt you can do it too.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >