Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Calling in the pro

I finally got around to calling that carpenter I mentioned in February. He's been doing work for my family and family friends for years, so I'm looking forward to seeing the work he does for me. My to do list for him includes replacing existing bathroom vinyl floors with ceramic tile and replacing parts of the wood trim on the exterior of my house that has rotted and repainting it. I'd also like to eventually get a new countertop in my kitchen, maybe some crown molding throughout the house and finally stain the back fence and patio, but all that can wait for now. I've decided that as much as I like the thought of do-it-yourself home renovation projects, more often than not, I have no real patience for doing them myself. So I'm now going to reach into my bank account and pay someone to do it for me. Oh the horror. I'm so cheap sometimes. Just the thought of paying someone to do this makes me want to do everything myself, but like I've finally come to realize...I HAVE NO PATIENCE AND NO REAL TALENT for this stuff. Sorry, I just had to emphasize this so when I ever decide to get cheap about this again (which is so in my nature), I can come back and read this post and remember why it's ok to pay an expert to do something that can be completed in less than a week when it would take me months to even get started.

Menu
Yogurt - 2 pts
Chicken with broccoli - 3 pts
Brown rice - 4 pts
Brown sauce - 3 pts
Spring roll - 4 pts
Potato chips - 4 pts
Chili - 4 pts
Salad - 3 pts
Cookie - 1 pt

28 pts, 35 weekly flex pts

One more thing... I didn't exercise today. It's freaking cold outside again and the wind is ridiculous. I hope it gets warm soon because I find that I really like walking, but definitely not in the cold. This crazy weather rollercoaster (85 degrees one day and 50 the next) is seriously messing me up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffanie said...

I feel you. I would rather do stuff myself, but I've come to realize that there's no "ex" or "pert" in my name!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >