Thursday, March 09, 2006

Still struggling

Well my last post indicated that I would be making a concerted effort to start exercising this week. Reality? That hasn't happened...yet. On Tuesday, I packed my gym bag in hopes that I'd go for a walk during lunchtime. Outcome? Didn't even get it out of the car. However, that same day I made plans with some coworkers to go walking during lunchtime for Wednesday. On Wednesday (or TODAY), I was ready. I had my bag ready with my tennis shoes, sweat pants, sweat shirt, etc. Anyway, at 1:00 p.m. I went looking for my coworker (she was just getting out of a meeting) and ... she forgot her tennis shoes. Now you know what I should have done. I should have put my shoes and clothes on and gone for a walk anyway. I even had a Walkman handy in case this very thing happened, but OH NO. Instead of doing what I had planned and getting my fat butt out of the office and outside to walk, I stayed in the office, sat at my desk and ate my lunch. UGH! I have issues.

Anyway, to somewhat redeem myself for not walking earlier, my friend and I checked out a gym this evening to see if we'd like to join. I'm pretty much sold that I'm going to join tomorrow. If I keep making excuses I'll never start. My friend is still deciding. I'm also DEFINITELY going to walk tomorrow regardless of what anyone else does. The weather is supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow so I really have no excuse.

If all goes as planned, my next post will be tomorrow, it will be titled "No excuses", and I'll have a rousing retelling of my initial foray into working out my booty...er...um...I mean body :).

Menu
Banana bread oatmeal - 3 pts
Salad w/ trimmings - 2 pts
Chicken dumpling soup - 3 pts
Crackers - 1 pt
Pretzels - 3 pts
WW chocolate bar - 2 pts
Steak - 10 pts
Mashed potatoes - 4 pts
Broccoli - 0 pts
Bread with butter - 2 pts

30 pts, 30 weekly flex points

This hasn't been the best week for me. I've already dipped into 5 weekly flex points. I'm hoping that my walk and gym visit tomorrow will make up for this bad start to my week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

We have the same issues. I keep meaning to go for walks...but never do. I think we have to just do it. Easier said then done right?

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >