Monday, March 06, 2006

Losing without exercising

This Monday weigh-in reflected a loss of 3 pounds, which means I'm down 13.8 pounds. I knew that last week was a good week for me because I didn't touch my weekly flex points and probably had about 8 daily points that I didn't eat. However, I expect this week to be hard because I'm finally going to incorporate more exercise, which I honestly haven't been doing much of lately.

Now I know you're thinking, "Hey, wait a minute! You've lost almost 14 pounds without exercising. That's great!" Well, it's not. When I lost 50 pounds a couple of years ago, I did it with little exercise as well. But at 50 pounds lighter, my body was still jiggly and I had no energy.

I know that my problem with exercise is mostly timing. I'm no good in the mornings because I'm not a morning person and I hate to get out of bed. And in the evenings by the time I leave work, travel 40 to 50 minutes home, and walk in my front door, I am tired and have lost any motivation I may have had to exercise. Maybe the answer is to pack some sneakers and go for a walk on my lunch break. Whatever I do, I'm going to make an effort this week to go for a walk and get to a gym. I must get my behind on an elliptical (the only exercise equipment I like) this week! I'm dragging my friend, who has just started Weight Watchers, along with me. I'm hoping that by the summer I'll be a bit slimmer and my body will have stopped jiggling...as much. Wish me luck!

Menu (so far)
Raisin oatmeal - 3 pts
6-inch Subway turkey sub - 6 pts
Oatmeal cookie - 4 pts
WW chocolate bar - 2 pts (uh oh, junk food cravings)

15 pts eaten (so far), 25 weekly flex points

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >