Tuesday, February 21, 2006

My visit to the dentist

I have a confession to make. Before my visit to the dentist yesterday, it had been 6 years since I'd visited a dentist. Six years. I'm so ashamed to even say that, but when you hate something as much as I hate the dentist maybe it's understandable.

My childhood was filled with biweekly visits to the orthodontists to get braces tightened, and oral surgery to have four teeth extracted, so it's not that I've never had to deal with a dentist. It's just that I hate the scraping, the poking, the pinching, the bleeding gums (ugh!), the dribbling saliva, and the total vulnerability of having my mouth wide open while someone sticks tools in there to see what horrible things they can find. Yesterday was no picnic but I was surprised to learn that I had kept my teeth in pretty good shape since my last visit. Two cavities, but other than that the dentist was very surprised that my teeth looked as good as they did for someone my age who hadn't visited the dentist in 6 years. So it's true what they say: brush at least twice a day and floss (which I hate and why I have the two cavities) often.

Menu
Apple oatmeal - 2 pts
Crab cake sandwich - 7 pts
Green beans with olive oil - 1 pt
WW Milk chocolate crunch bar - 2 pts
Chicken fajita - 6 pts
Chips and salsa - 6 pts
Diet Pepsi wild cherry - 0 pt
Strawberry ice cream with whipped cream - 4 pts

28 pts eaten, 35 weekly flex points

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Lucky you! I hate the dentist and have to get a crown down soon. Think I have the money for that? umm nope!

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Hertha Gearin said...

Hm, it's been six years since your last visit, right? It's best to get your teeth checked up regularly, to make sure that everything is fine. With that said, I'm glad that you had great results after your visit to the dentist!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >