Sunday, February 19, 2006

My W-2 fiasco

On March 31, 2003, I started employment with the worst company I could have ever been associated with. On my two year anniversary with this company (on the exact date), this company went out of business. So it would figure that when I get my 2005 W-2 form from this company that it would be screwed up.

I called the former president of the company, who was/is/always will be incompetent and borderline stupid, to tell her that the W-2 that she provided me was incorrect because according to TurboTax (which I've used successfully to do my taxes for the past 4 years), the company withheld too much Social Security tax. The only thing she could tell me was that she completed my W-2 according to the information provided by my last paystub. She didn't mention that the company was so broke near the end of its existence that it had to borrow money from another company to pay the employees and that this might be the reason why my W-2 is fucked up. She didn't offer any other explanations or helpful suggestions. She essentially said you're on your own.

I've asked the few people who were still with the company in 2005 if they have had similar experiences with their W-2s but so far none have noticed a problem. Most haven't started to do their taxes, so who knows...

Well, I usually have my taxes done by now and I'm expecting my refund either in the mail or in my account. Now I have to go through the drama of calling the IRS and finding out what I have to do to clear up this mess.

The moral to this story is DON'T EVER WORK FOR A FUCKED UP COMPANY. THEY WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE AND MAKE YOU LIVE TO REGRET IT EVEN AFTER YOU'VE MOVED ON. UGH!!!

Menu (so far)
2 Waffles - 3 pts
Syrup - 1 pt

4 pts so far, 35 weekly flex pts left (yeah, I managed to not use any flex pts this week!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Holy crap! no flex pts! I could never do that.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >