Friday, March 03, 2006

An open letter to Montgomery County drivers

Dear Montgomery County Drivers:

You do not OWN the road. You do not ALWAYS have the right of way. No one anointed you with any privileges that allow you to refrain from obeying the laws of the road. You are, by far, the worst drivers in Maryland. I just thought you should know.

Signed,
Frustrated PG County Resident
Who Must Drive in Your County
Because I Work There...UGH!

This is my way of getting my frustration out, considering I've been in 3 near accidents in the past 3 days. Each time a Montgomery Country driver (or someone I assume lives in MO CO since this only happens there) almost runs me off the road. Just because you put on your blinker doesn't mean I should have to slam on my brakes to let you in front of me. Today, the near miss was so close that I honked my horn (for several seconds longer than needed) and slammed on my brakes so hard that everything on my front seat (my opened briefcase with all my paperwork, my purse, my coat, and my lunch) was thrown to the floor. Oh, and the driver's hand wave in her rear view mirror didn't help or excuse anything.

I am a courteous driver. If you put on your blinker, I'm usually gracious enough to let you in, but ONLY after you've provided enough notice and space for me to do so. Where's a cop when you need one?! Oh, I forgot. They're stopping people at gas stations.

Menu (so far)
2 WW chocolate bars - 4 pts (I couldn't help it. I woke up with a bad chocolate craving)
Raisin oatmeal - 2 pts
Salad with feta cheese - 2 pts
WW Ravioli Florentine - 5 pts
3 slices cheese pizza - 12 pts

25 pts (so far), 35 weekly flex points
*FYI, I fell asleep early last night w/o eating my final 8 pts of the day so I can have an extra 8 pts to eat today...YIPPEE!* Hmmm...that's so sad, but I have to take what joy I can get these days...LOL

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I hope you sped up and gave her the finger..I am saying this even though I would be to chicken to do it.

Have a great weekend!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After the clock strikes midnight, all unused points are gone. Get over it.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Charlie Mack's Granddaughter said...

She wouldn't look at me. So no finger this time, but I did scream at a woman later today who wouldn't allow me to merge into traffic. Does that count? LOL

2:10 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mack's Granddaughter said...

Kelli, stop being JEALOUS! :-P

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >