Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Wiggles obsession


What is it with kids and the Wiggles? And what is it with 4 grown men dressed in bright colors, jumping around and singing kiddie songs that make them look less than manly.

Well for some reason my sweet 4-year-old nephew is obsessed with them. It's such a strange obsession because often he will identify a color with the Wiggles character that wears that color (e.g., blue is Anthony, yellow is Greg, purple is Jeff, and red is Murray...now he's got ME obsessed). Weird! Anyway, I will be celebrating his obsession this afternoon at his Wiggles birthday party. Fun. Fun. (note sarcasm)

I was all set to get a gift for him that was not Wiggles related (in protest), until my sister relayed the following conversation she had with her son:

Sister: "Honey, why do you like the Wiggles?" (said with a note of disdain)

Nephew: "I don't know, I just like them." (said in the cutest little baby voice you can imagine)

How can I deny my nephew his happiness? I'm going out right now to buy him a Wiggles comforter set, valance, and toy. I also designed the image above (with help from the Internet) for my nephew's party announcements.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for a baby voice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Thanks for the comment :)
Yes I make my designs myself in photoshop, nothing complicated and then I just replace the background in Blogger. Voila!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >