Friday, March 10, 2006

At the car wash

Weird thing happened to me yesterday. Even though I'm running late for work, I decide to stop off at the gas station near my house to gas up and get a quick car wash. I hadn't washed my car since early last month, so my car was pretty nasty looking. There's nothing like a dirty black car. People were asking if it was charcoal gray. No, just very dirty.

Anyway, I go to the automatic car wash at the gas station like I've done in the past, type in my code, and proceed to get my car washed. Well everything goes as planned. The water starts, the soapy foam begins to coat my car, the big spongy mop thingymajig comes forward, and then....NOTHING. The damn thing just stops. Now, I've been in this automatic car wash before, so I know this is odd, but I continue to sit there for more than a few seconds like an idiot waiting for something to happen. I think maybe there was a power outage but from inside the car wash I can see that other service lights are on so that's not the problem.

Well after sitting there for about a minute (yes, I'm slow), I slowly back my still soapy wet car out of the car wash until I'm all the way out and then go inside the gas station to get my refund. Moral to the story: When you choose to clean a car over getting to work on time, you end up with a soapy, streaky, still dirty car.

P.S. As I left the gas station, I saw another car pull up to the car wash. It worked fine. As Homer would say, "DOH!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >