Sunday, April 02, 2006

Mmm...cheeseburger and fries


I probably shouldn't write this since some of my friends who are on Weight Watchers like to read my blog and come to me for dieting advice and motivation, but...last night I indulged my fast food craving that has been "eating" at me for the past few weeks. I ate a juicy cheeseburger dripping with ketchup and mustard and tasty french fries from Five Guys Burgers and Fries. If you've ever been there, you know that this is simply heaven. I've had a love love relationship with Five Guys ever since I discovered the place while shopping at a new shopping center in my area last year. My boyfriend Derrick (satisfied, Kelli?) and I visited the place often before I started Weight Watchers. However, I haven't been back there since January and they have since opened a franchise in my hometown of Laurel, so it was only a matter of time when I would feel the need to indulge in Five Guys' tasty treats again.

After eating my burger and fries (and sipping on a Diet Coke), I didn't feel even a tinge of regret. I didn't go crazy. I ordered the little cheeseburger (which isn't so little) instead of the regular cheeseburger and I ordered the regular fries instead of the large. I just wanted to eat something that was really good and really fattening, and (dare I write this) if I gain a pound, which I don't think I will since I planned my points carefully, the burger and fries were worth it.

I keep reminding myself and others that the good thing about Weight Watchers is that you can eat whatever you want. You just have to remember that moderation is key and that you just need to plan what you're eating. If you deny yourself your cravings, you'll end up overeating and going off Weight Watchers altogether. And that is so not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >