Friday, April 21, 2006

Sick at home and eating everything in sight

Sigh... the title pretty much sums up what I've been doing and how I've been feeling today. I've been a bit under the weather all this week, but last night was pure torture. For several years now I have had episodes of severe abdominal pain caused by fibroids. Well last night the pain kicked back into high gear and I was pretty much incapacitated all night. I usually keep Advil or Aleve on my person at all times, but unfortunately I had taken my last pill earlier in the day and the pain didn't kick in until about 11:00 p.m. I should have immediately gone to the store for medicine but instead decided to wait it out. Waiting it out resulted in probably a total of 30 minutes of restless sleep and me rushing to the bathroom in the morning with dry heaves. For some reason this happens to me when I'm stressed and don't get enough sleep. Oh yeah, and in addition to the pain, I'm also suffering from allergies. Fun. Fun.

So, because I was a complete zombie this morning and still feeling pain and an itchy throat and congestion, I decided that my only option was to stay home from work today. I went to the grocery store this morning for medicine (looking like hell by the way) and basically laid on my couch all day (upon which I'm currently sitting right now). Oh yeah, and I ate. And ate. And ate.

I'm noticing that whenever I get out of my daily routine, I eat. For instance, I ate an ENTIRE bag of tortilla chips today (24 pts worth!!!). I haven't done this in a long time (well before I started WW), and why did I buy tortilla chips anyway? What's wrong with me? I've listed today's menu below so you can see what happens when I'm stuck in the house sick. I feel like a fat pig right about now. Oink!

I can't wait until I can get these fibroids under control and can feel like my normal self again.

*********************************
Menu for the day
Yogurt - 4 pts (that's 4 individual containers of 1 pt WW yogurt by the way...Oink!)
Banana - 2 pts
Chicken panini - 5 pts
Tortilla chips - 24 pts!!! (Oink.. oink... oink!)

35 pts eaten (ugh!!!!), 28 weekly flex pts left

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffanie said...

Damn Dee(Dee), I hate that you're sick. Still find the time for humor though. The "oink" is too funny. You recognize the error of your ways, now stop eating and getting better. Keep this in mind - "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" and "You are what you eat."

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >