Saturday, May 13, 2006

Oxycodone (AKA Percocet) is my new best friend

Well the saga continues. I awoke this morning in a little bit of pain and an hour later it was full scale torture. It was so bad that I called my girl Kelli to come and get me to take me to the hospital. Unfortunately, she couldn't (I understand, girl). So I started to get ready to take myself to the hospital when Derrick called from work to check up on me. I told him that I had to get to the hospital and he immediately left work (at least 30 minutes away) to come and take me. I love him.

Anyway, when I got to the hospital I was an absolute mess. Yes, I was that person moaning and groaning and shivering and crying in the waiting room in obvious distress. I was in so much pain that I wasn't even aware of the stares from the other people in the waiting room. At that point I didn't care who was looking at or hearing me. When I got into the actual emergency room, it was more of the same. I know everyone could hear me. I couldn't keep the screams and moans from coming out of my mouth. I was steadily chanting: "Oh God"; "Help me, Jesus"; "Lord, make it go away"; "I can't take this, Jesus"; "Why, Lord"; etc. It's amazing how intense pain and distress bring out the religion in me.

After waiting in the room for about 30 minutes (of agony) the nurse came in, took some blood, prepared me for a CAT scan (the doctor thought the pain could be from kidney stones or possibly a rupturing appendix), and then put me on a morphine and motrin drip. I was supposed to feel immediate COMPLETE relief, but I didn't. Although the pain did dissipate somewhat, I was more high and loopy than pain free.

The nurse told me that she had heard of some women having extreme pain during their menstrual cycle but that she had never actually witnessed anyone suffering from it. Well guess what lady, what you've read in your fucking textbooks is TRUE!!! I'm living proof of it. I think I scared her a little bit, especially when the pain started to come back before I was even ready to leave the hospital. She thought the morphine would do the job.

Their tests revealed that I have ovarian cysts (duh!). There wasn't much they could do other than pain management and giving me a referral to see my gynecologist. I was sent home with a prescription for Percocet (or Oxycodone). Why didn't they just give me this when I first entered the hospital?!!! Percocet is a fucking miracle drug. Within 2 to 3 minutes, the pain was GONE. I mean kaput, not there, nothing, nada. I love this drug. I can honestly see how people get addicted to it. I'm so happy that I'm feeling normal again.

Now I guess I can start catching up on all the work I wasn't able to do this week. Fun. Fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Monica Stone and i would like to show you my personal experience with Percocet.

I am 35 years old. Have been on Percocet for 7 days now. It did help the pain but the side effects weren't worth it. I'd rather have the pain.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
nausea, very itchy, racing heart, anxiety, flashing lights(almost hallucinogenic?), weird dreams, tiredness

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Monica Stone

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >