Thursday, May 11, 2006

Give me the shot, doc

I finally gave in and got the Lupron Depot shot that my doctor suggested months ago to relieve the killer fibroids. I had to do it. This cycle was the worst that I've probably ever had. I'm always prepared for at least one day and night of extreme pain, but it's been THREE DAYS!!! There's no way to prepare for that.

Anyway, I ended up having to leave work early yesterday because the monstrous pain returned. I was writhing in pain all night. Then I woke up this morning and the pain was there again. So, I decided enough was enough and that it was time to see the doctor.

I have been dragging my feet on getting the shot because I really didn't want to mess with my ability to reproduce. While on the drug, getting pregnant is highly discouraged as it can cause birth defects. I'm 34 years old and would love to get pregnant now if I could (someone's not ready...sigh) but this last bout of pain encouraged me to put any baby ideas on the back burner and concentrate on just relieving the pain.

So, anyway, I got the shot today (right in the tush!) and within an hour the pain was pretty much gone. I only feel a twinge from time to time. Another benefit of this shot, aside from no more monthly pain, is that Aunt Flo won't be visiting me for the next 6 months. I can't believe I waited this long.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffanie said...

Yay, we're sisters of Lupron. I've been on it for 3 months for similar problems. It works, but the hot flashes are a bytch.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >