Thursday, August 10, 2006

Water walking is fun!

"30 minutes of water walking is equivalent to 2 hours of walking on land"

The quote is from the water walking pamphlet at the sports and aquatics center, where I worked out last night. I think water walking is my new "thing". I like it. It's easy, low impact (which is great for my bad knee) and afterwards I feel as though I've done something. My muscles are a little tired but not sore.

Yesterday, my coworker and I went to the local sports and aquatics center and walked for about an hour. I also took a walk for about 45 minutes during lunch yesterday. I'm hoping I can walk again today but the weatherman is threatening rain, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If I can't walk, I'll try to go to the sports and aquatics center again tonight to maybe try out their gym. I want to work out on the elliptical (my favorite gym equipment) this time.

I'm hoping this is a start to developing a regular work out routine. Since gaining 6 pounds, I've noticed that I'm sleeping harder and snoring louder (according to Derrick) again. If I keep this up AND get back on Weight Watchers (ha ha), I should still be able to reach my goal of being a size 10 by my birthday...

I love how I set high goals for myself when I haven't even completed my first week of working out. I'm so funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger TNDRHRT said...

Good for you! I'm heading back to the gym today since not going since Monday of last week. Things got busy there for a moment, but I have to keep at this.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

Welcome back to Blogger Land. I've taken a quasi-break. Anyway, water walking sounds cool. Dee (Dee) stay on top of it. DON'T gain the weight back. DON'T. Always, remember how horrible you felt and never go back. We need to talk. Call me. 301-555-1212. Ha. Seriously, gimme a call.

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >