Friday, July 07, 2006

A much needed break

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. Two weeks ago I was under a lot of stress trying to put out a bunch of fires at work before taking time off for vacation, so I didn't really have the time or energy to blog. Before leaving for vacation, I finally completed a document that I've been working on for a client for almost 2 years . While in the midst of trying to finalize the document, I learned (just days before a scheduled deadline and before my vacation) that another project that I am responsible for was not going to be completed by the deadline. I had to quicky jump in and bring in more staff to help get the work completed. Thankfully the client granted us a few days past the deadline to get the work done, but it was pretty hairy there for a while. This experience has both shaken and strengthened my confidence in people because the person I trusted to get the work done didn't and my good friend Kelli who I always knew was a great person, stepped in when called and did a fantastic job. Thanks again, Kel!

Anyway, the vacation has been nice. Derrick and I took the time off together to spend with Jamal during his last week with us (he's been with us for the past month for his summer visit). Even though we didn't go out of town like I would have liked, we did spend the time visiting with Derrick's family and mine, and spending time at a wedding and 3 cookouts (Weight Watchers who?). The time away from work has been nice and I'm a little sad that it all ends tomorrow when I go back, but I can say that the time away has been rejuvenating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >