Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Coming out of the fog

I've decided that it's time for change in my life. Real change. The weight loss has been a bit slow the past few weeks and I haven't been following Weight Watchers as strictly as I once was, but I'm determined to stay on that path. But that's not the change I'm talking about. The change I need is with my job. I've been trying not to mention the job in my blog but I can't help it today. I'm miserable and have been miserable for a long time. It's just not challenging enough and I'm tired of fooling myself into thinking things are going to change. I'm just sick of sitting at my desk with little to do. SO ANYWAY, I've sent out my resume to several positions in the publications field that sound very interesting and I'm hoping that good things will result from it.

I was speaking with one of my coworkers today and she mentioned how my increasingly painful menstrual cramps and recent back pain may be physical symptoms of stress. It was like a lightbulb went off. I'M STRESSED OUT. And it's not because I'm so busy at work that I can't think straight, it's because I'm extremely bored with my job (and myself to be honest) that I can't think straight. I'm not enjoying the life that I always dreamed of having and I'm the only person who is going to make that change (thanks Kelli for clarifying this for me).

I'll keep you updated as to how things turn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >