Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My "sentimental" weekend

When it comes to family I'm sentimental, especially when it involves my cousins. Tiff labeled me sentimental when I mentioned to her how I love it when we all get together and how I like to reminisce about the fun we had when we were kids and how I wish we all lived near each other so we could still get together and blah, blah, blah. I can't help it if I love my family.

So anyway, imagine how great I must have felt when I got to hang out with my cousins for the WHOLE THREE DAYS OF THE MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND. It was great.

Saturday
I went to Weight Watchers in the morning and had lost 4.2 pounds. Yippee! (Ok, this has nothing to do with my cousins but I had to sneak this in anyway.)

That evening Tiff and her husband Roz had an old fashioned house party (there were even red lights on in the basement!). I had a great time dancing the night away with my cousins Kim, Erica, and Tamika (I hadn't seen Tamika in years!). Tiff was the perfect hostess while Roz rocked the house with his DJ debut. A good time was had by ALL 50 or so of us who were in attendance.

Hey, Tiff, loved the open bar and tell Roz he can DJ a party for me anytime! It was a great Saturday.

Sunday
I woke up with a major hangover (which hasn't happened in YEARS), but after popping a couple of Advil I was all good. Later I headed over to Darnell and Olga's house (my cousin and his wife) to see their son and new baby and to hang out with Kim and Erica, who were staying there for the weekend. Tiff joined us soon thereafter and we headed to Arundel Mills to go shopping.

Ok, this is where things get really interesting. They wanted to go to H&M. I didn't say anything, but secretly I was dreading this trip. I like H&M clothes as much as the next person, but since I'm heavier than my cousins (and was much heavier just a few months ago) I thought me getting into H&M clothes would be impossible. So imagine my shock when I slid on a pair of size 16 structured (not floaty) linen pants and they FIT! I went into H&M convinced that I couldn't wear anything and came out with two shirts (size Large) and the linen pants. I was happily and secretly cheesing to myself for the rest of the day. Thanks Weight Watchers! :-D

Later, we returned to Darnell and Olga's house to watch a movie ("Something New"...Go Sanaa!) and talk and talk and talk about every topic imaginable (with a few heated debates thrown in...but it was all good, we wouldn't be family without them). It was a great Sunday.

Monday
I headed back over to Darnell and Olga's house (with coolers and beer this time) to eat crabs and shrimp with the cousins. I played with the baby (she's sooo adorable) and talked to my cousins until they left to go back home. It was a great Monday.

Tuesday?
Nothing great about Tuesday. The cousins went home and took all the fun with them and I had to go back to work...and back to reality. Sigh...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffanie said...

Girl, I feel you on everything. I'm trying to put my thoughts together and post them. I, too, was feeling some kind of way about going to H&M. I was pleasantly surprised that I could fit the items I bought considering I'm NOT on WW any more but have retreated to good old Atkins. I know, no comments. Anyway, I had a great time with you and my other cousins too.

P.S. Didn't you love that everyone knew you as "Charlie Mack's Granddaughter"?!!!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Charlie Mack's Granddaughter said...

I did! And it was funny that when you introduced me as Charlie Mack's Granddaughter to your friends I immediately thought to myself, "OK, what did they read that I probably didn't want them to read"...LOL. Then I remembered how tame and boring my blog is and thought, "Oh well...it's all good"...LOL.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >