Thursday, May 18, 2006

Two steps forward, two steps back

Just when I think that I'm all better and I can start looking forward to pain free days again, the pain comes back. I was feeling pretty good all day yesterday and figured that my problems were behind me. I had visited the doctor who performed a pelvic exam and told me that the pain was most likely subsiding because the Lupron shot was finally kicking in. I was finally happy, but then at about 7 p.m. the pain came back. At first it was a low dull throbbing pain that I thought I could just wish away. By 7:30 p.m. I was on my bed rolling around tossing and turning, moaning and groaning in complete and utter PAIN. I took my last Percocet and tried sitting in a tub full of hot water to relax the cramping but it didn't get any better. When I got out of the tub, instead of using the hot water bottle I tried an ice pack. I don't know where I got this idea from but it was AWESOME. Why hadn't I thought of it earlier?! The coolness numbed the area and brought a great deal of relief. Although it didn't get rid of the pain entirely, it did allow me to focus on something other than the pain.

Now, as I sit hear typing this post, I have an ice pack on my abdomen. Since I'm out of Percocet, I'm now taking the Tylenol 3 (with Codeine) instead. I'm feeling better, but I'll be so much happier when I don't have to be drugged up or carry around an ice pack to get some relief. I'll also be happier when I can start writing about something other than PAINFUL CRAMPS. This topic is getting so boring. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >