Monday, June 05, 2006

Scenes from a mall

I've been noticing something very odd lately in the mall. I'm not sure if it's because choices and prices are actually getting better, or if it's because I can now shop in stores that don't require a plus section. What's up with the cheap (meaning less expensive) clothes and shoes (and shoes even in 11 wides!) that I'm starting to find everywhere?

Over the past two weeks, I've shopped at H&M, Payless, and Target. I would normally never shop at any of these stores for clothes or shoes because at H&M I thought their clothes wouldn't fit me, at Payless I thought the shoes were ugly even though they had my size, and at Target even though I've bought some clothes from there I never thought there shoes would fit me. I thought they didn't have anything over a size 10. Boy have I been wrong.

H&M's clothes are offered in Large (I didn't see any XL) and size 16s, which I discovered last week I can wear. Payless shoes (at least their sandals) have improved greatly and I'm happy that they also offer a large selection of 11 wide. I'm most pleased, however, with Target. Target's clothes have always been cute, but now they offer shoes up to size 11. There not wide, but I'm finding that some are comfortable enough without being wide.

The best part about these stores is that their clothes and shoes don't cost a fortune. They're relatively cheap and great for someone like me who's in a size transition. So let the shopping begin!

P.S. If you know of any other stores that have trendy clothes at an affordable price, please let me know. Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffanie said...

I have a problem with the word "cheap." To me, it means poor quality. I would use "inexpensive" when referring to low prices. However, with reference to H&M, I would use both!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >