Friday, June 23, 2006

I walked!

Food choices were just ok yesterday and today I've already reached 25 pts and it's only 3:00. I don't understand why I easily could eat 28 and 30 points a day with no problem and often with extra points left over, but I'm finding it incredibly hard to stick to 26 pts a day without bingeing. Someone help me figure this out.

Anyway, I did get a walk in yesterday and I'm proud of that. I got home a little early from work. Instead of plopping myself in front of the TV (which is what I usually do when I get home), I put on my sweatpants, T-shirt, and shoes, and headed out the door. I didn't even call Kelli to see if she wanted to go with me (this usually stops me from going when she says no). I walked for about 40 minutes in the heat and humidity through my neighborhood and nearby neighborhoods that I usually drive by but never walk. I've lived in my neighborhood for almost 4 years and now and this was the first time I had ever taken a walk!

As I walked, part of me couldn't believe that I had convinced myself to do it and the other part was proud that I did. Anyway, I carried my water bottle with me so I wouldn't pass out from the heat. I'm sure it was at least 90 degrees. Overall, I felt pretty good about it and am looking forward to doing it again. Unfortunately, it probably won't be today (or the day after either). We're expecting torrential rain and thunderstorms for the next 5 days today. I guess I'll pull out one of my exercise tapes and exercise inside instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >