Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm a food watcher...not a Weight Watcher

I didn't go to weigh-in yesterday. I had too much to do in preparing for my coworker's wedding and my cousin's housewarming. Besides, I did so poorly all week, I knew that I wouldn't see a loss or would mostly see a gain. Anyway, I continued my poor eating ways and decided to screw the whole weight watching thing for the rest of the weekend, which leads me to today.

My mom and I decided to check out the new restaurant in town "Red Sky" for dinner. This restaurant should be in DC or some other urban environment because the decor, cuisine, and PRICEYNESS are, frankly, too much for surburban Laurel. I almost didn't go because the restaurant is so expensive. There are steaks on the menu in excess of $40! And that's just steak; no sides or anything else (I guess I'm used to eating at chain restaurants because that's excessive to me.) Anyway, I won't say that the prices are worth it, but after eating my Applewood flounder with jumbo lump crab meat, mashed potatoes, and sauteed spinach, I actually didn't feel a bit sorry for blowing my Weight Watchers points out of the water. It was deeeelicious.

But now that is behind me. I hope next week is a better week for Weight Watchers. (Yes, I know how deluded I am...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >