Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It's a new day

Sometime last week I saw a news program on seniors and exercise. The segment featured a 58 year old African American woman who has been working out 4 days a week doing cardio and weight training. The woman didn't look a day over 30, and that's no exaggeration. She looked incredible. Even Derrick thought so by responded with his typical, "Wow!" He does this every time he sees a beautiful woman on television (and YES, it IS annoying.)

Um...but why was I jealous of a 58 year old woman?!

Since April when I stopped Weight Watchers, I have gained 6 pounds and haven't worked out a lick. This news segment was just the motivation I needed to get myself back on the weight loss track. On Monday of this week, I started water walking. My dad has been doing it for years, but during the summer has stepped up his work out and has gone from a 38 waist to a 34 waist. My mother and I joined him on Monday (yes, it was a family affair). It actually wasn't as boring or as bad as I thought it would be. I did about 30 laps in an hour, which is almost a mile. There's greater resistance involved in walking in water so it really was a pretty decent work out. I'm planning to go again today.

I'm also starting my lunch time walks again and have recruited some coworkers to go with me. My new goal is to walk 4 days a week during lunch time and then do some type of physical activity for at least an hour in the evenings. I'm determined to not gain back the weight that I lost a second time. It was depressing the first time and I don't want to go through that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >