Monday, July 10, 2006

Time for a new laptop

When my previous job went out of business, I was given a parting gift: a free laptop. It was the same laptop that I had been using exclusively while I worked for the company. Unfortunately, this laptop is now on its last legs. I've been trying to nurse it for a while, but today I discovered that the hinge of the laptop is not working properly, and I believe this is effecting the color on the screen. I keep getting this bluish tint, which should definitely NOT be there.

If it's not one thing, it's another. First it was a frayed power cord, which I attempted to fix myself by putting electrical tape over the exposed wires much to Derrick's chagrin (sorry honey). It's also crashed a couple of times although with a little IT help, it was revived. It's just seen better days and now with this hinge issue, it's clear to me (and Derrick) that it's time for a new laptop.

So, I think Derrick will finally get his wish. Me with a new laptop. Only this time, it won't be a PC. I've been wanting a Mac for a while, especially since I want to focus more on graphic design. Plus I've been totally sucked in by Macs new commercials with one young guy portraying a Mac and another older guy portraying a PC. The ads are so creative, and seem to clearly show that Macs offer much more than PCs. I just hope for the extra expense a Mac is worth it because one thing it isn't is cheap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >