Sunday, October 28, 2007

My sister the marathoner

As I sit typing this, my sister is 16 minutes into her very first marathon. Yes, my sister, Anita, is one of the runners today in the Marine Corps Marathon. She will be running 26.2 miles through Virginia and DC in support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. She started training for this marathon 5 months ago. When she started she could barely run a little more than a mile. However, her last email update regarding her progress about a week ago reported that she had successfully reached a 20 mile high, and she was confident that she was prepared to complete the marathon today.

I'm so proud of her efforts and dedication and am confident that she will complete her 5 month goal of completing her first marathon.

If you would like to support Anita in her efforts and at the same time support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, please visit her webpage: www.active.com/donate/tntga/tntgaARollins.

Well, gotta go now! Have to get downtown so I can stand on the sidelines and cheer my sister on!

4 Comments:

Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

Congrats to your sister! A marathon is serious business. How cool is that :) I know you are very proud of her.

p.s. i die after mile 5. right there on the sidewalk ;)

5:44 AM  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

You've been tagged. Check out my blog, today. -T

3:26 AM  
Blogger CreoleInDC said...

I'm boycotting this blog. Humph. Punkette!

2:32 PM  
Blogger CreoleInDC said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >