Monday, July 16, 2007

Airport Adventure

I thought my next post would be about my FABULOUS weekend with my cousins in Atlanta, but unfortunately that will have to wait for tomorrow. Today's post is reserved for my AIRPORT ADVENTURE (or more appropriately AIRPORT NIGHTMARE). This morning my sister Anita drove my cousin Tiffanie, sister Catrice and me to the airport. My flight was at 9:25 a.m. My sister's flight was at 10:05 a.m. and my cousin Tiffanie's flight was at 11:15 a.m. Although I knew that we should arrive at the airport by no later than 7:30, we didn't arrive until 8:00. This, of course, turned out to be a huge mistake for me. When we arrive at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport we see a long line of people outside the Baggage Claim area, and learn fairly quickly that this is the beginning of a very long security check point line that wraps around Baggage Claim and then around a shopping area to finally end up in a big mess in front of the security area. It took approximately an hour and half to get through this line.... Do the math. I missed my flight...by 10 minutes...sigh.

Catrice made her flight without a hitch but Tiffanie's flight was delayed by about an hour. I sat with her until her flight arrived. (Oh yeah, Catrice called me while I was waiting with Tiffanie. She had arrived at her destination...UGH!!!) That was at about noon. It is now 1:40 p.m. Wanna know when my new flight is scheduled to depart for Baltimore? 6:18 PM!!! Fun fun... almost 5 more hours of waiting. Fortunately, I have plenty to distract me during my wait. Tiffanie gave me her "Blood Diamond" DVD so I can watch a movie on my MacBook while I wait. I brought the "Infidel" book I blogged about earlier (I'm halfway through it now). I have my "Real Simple" magazine. I have my Ipod. And, oh, I purchased the $7.95 fee for 24 hours of wireless Internet so I can surf the Internet while I sit here, write this post, and wait for my flight to arrive 5 hours from now.

Sigh...

Oh...almost forgot. Highlight of my wait: An announcement that came over the intercom paging Usher Raymond to come to gate B2. Too bad I was in Concourse A waiting with Tiffanie at the time. I seriously considered running like a lunatic with my camcorder in hand to get a glimpse of him...LOL

Hey, I'm stuck at the airport. I need all the entertainment I can get.

3 Comments:

Blogger TNDRHRT said...

I definitely feel your pain! Was checking in too late for my flight to Indianapolis back in May and had to spend TEN hours at Dulles before another flight to Indy left. Luckily, I had things to keep me occupied as well. Being stuck at the airport is the WORSE!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

I HATED that experience for you,Dee(Dee). I'm glad it's over.

7:59 PM  
Blogger CreoleInDC said...

Hey...it's been three tomorrows! Wehre is the FABULOUS?

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >