Monday, June 25, 2007

Linganore Wine Cellars Blues Festival

Why oh why don't I own a camera? Not even a camera phone...sigh. If I did, you would see pictures of my encounter with Ms. Monica Mingo (my favorite blogger) at the Linganore Wine Cellars Blues Festival this weekend. Luckily Ms. Mingo is never without her camera and camcorder. You can see us hanging out and having a good time on her blog Rantings of a Creole Princess.

Ms. Mingo proved to be a bonafide Southern belle as her blog indicates. She treated my friend, Stacia, and I to wine, tomato bruschetta sprinkled with parmesan cheese (yum!), and chips and dip. She's a great hostess and definitely GOOD PEOPLE!

While there I also ran into my good friends Gladys, Tawanna, Alonzo, and Scott whom I haven't seen in a while, and met Gladys' cousin Jay.

We had a great time chatting, enjoying the gorgeous weather, and tasting the fabulous wine the wine cellar had to offer. If you like fruit wines, I suggest you try Berrywine Plantations' raspberry, strawberry, and peach wines. They are yummy. Also for an added kick, try their Steeplechase wine (but pop a Hershey's Kisses in your mouth first...it's simply divine). I also suggest mixing any of the fruit wines with Berrywine Plantations' SkipJack wine. Can you say yum?!

Good food, good wine, good company, and okay music (they call that the BLUES????? LOL). It was a beautiful day. I'm planning to go to the wine cellar next month when they have the Reggae Festival. Hope to see YOU there!

1 Comments:

Blogger CreoleInDC said...

We gonna step up our game at the reggae. Bring some REAL food. Be having PLATES over there. ROFL!

We need to get together and plan who bringing what so we have all the food groups covered. LOL! You know how we country folk do it!

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >