Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I CAN DO ANYTHING

I received this email from my co-worker and friend Moni today.

-----------------------
Hello to my VERY Special Friend,

[Dee], you are such a bright, SMART, talented, and articulate person who, in my opinion, can do ANYTHING!

These are all the things that I think about when I think about you!

I WISH that you would put as much ENERGY in [Dee] as you do with Monica Mingo (??) [my blog obsession...sigh], your blog, and all the other LITTLE things that you seem to make so important. Shouldn't YOU be the most important person/thing to YOU?!

I am sending this message to you to say - You can do ANYTHING you want to do. Just say to yourself, I KNOW I CAN DO THIS and just DO it!

STOP selling yourself short and START believing in yourself. If you could start applying all the words in my first sentence to you, you'll be surprised by the energy those words will bring you!

I HOPE this message makes you smile. It made me feel good to be able to honestly write this message to you, and to choose such positive words to describe you without any effort. You can do the same for yourself!

Your Friend, Moni

-------------------
I wish I could provide all the detail that inspired Moni to write this message. It's really special to me that she thought enough of me to surprise me with this letter of encouragement. I'm forever grateful to her.

And, yes, Moni. I'm smiling.

Thanks! Love you lots!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger TNDRHRT said...

So true! I even substituted my name in that message as I was reading it. I tend sell myself short on doing things because of fear. Each day I do or say something that is not a part of my current 'comfort zone'. Makes me feel better!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Don't Be Silent DC said...

That is a powerful message. Belief in one's self is definitely the way to get ahead in life. Thanks for sharing!

4:14 PM  
Blogger CreoleInDC said...

Dee baby. I KNOW YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! You mean to tell me YOU DON'T?????????????????????????

Don't make me pop you in the dang eye woman!

Your friend Moni sounds FABULOUS! LOVE HER! She and I have a lot in common in that we both describe you with wonderful, powerful words and afirmations. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING DEE! You're smart, funny and FABULOUS! BUT...and here's a big but...you might...like me...forget how smart you are after messing with that damn MacBook. ROFLROFLROFLROFL!

Love you Princess! Now get up off your butt and do as Moni says!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >