Wednesday, March 14, 2007

You ain't got to lie, Craig [err...Chuck]!

When I bought my car in September, Chuck, the sales guy, promised me a lot of things. One promise was that I could get a free car wash whenever I needed one. The second promise was that if I had to wait more than 10 minutes for service on my car, the dealership would gladly give me a loaner car?

Guess what ya'll... Chuck is a LIAR!

One weekend a couple of months after I bought my car, I decided to get a car wash. I called in advance to reserve a time and was told that the car wash would cost $35. Huh? Well upon further inquiry I found out that the free car wash was only offered to customers who were bringing their car in for service. The service technician then followed with a comment like, "I don't know why they [the salesmen] tell people that they can come in anytime for a car wash." Now when the service technician told me this, I wasn't mad. It made sense to me. I was just a little ticked that Chuck lied to me.

That was Chuck's first lie.

I discovered his second lie this morning. I went to Nissan's service area to get my car's 6-month check up. As I like to be prepared, I called Nissan the day prior to make a reservation and to inform them that I would need a loaner car because I wanted to drop my car off in the morning and pick it up after work. Anyway, I waited in the service bay for 10 minutes for a service technician to get to me. Once he arrived, I explained that I was there for my 6-month check up, that I had made an appointment, and that I had reserved a loaner car. He told me they don't offer loaner cars for 6-month check ups because they involve oil changes and tire balance/rotation, which only take about an hour. They only offer loaner cars for services that may take several hours, like a 15,000 mile service. (Insert picture of my face slowly cracking....)
Sigh...

Ok, maybe you're thinking I'm a little naive, and maybe I am. BUT, my car is the first new car I've ever bought, so when the sales guy tells me things to sweeten the deal, I listen and take them to heart. Now, I'm not feeling ole Chuck. Because of him, I got stuck in worse-than-normal traffic, was late for work, and am typing this post about him today.

In the immortal words of Craig's girlfriend in the movie Friday: "YOU AIN'T GOT TO LIE, [CHUCK]!"

Humph!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger CreoleInDC said...

A hot mess. Next time get it on paper. CHUCK'S A PUNK!

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >