Friday, October 12, 2007

Is it ever too early to break out the boots?!

I recently bought three pair of boots (yes, three!) and I can't wait to start wearing them. I've noticed that the Hollywood celebrities wear boots pretty much anytime of year (Britney Spears is rarely seen without her brown ugly stinky looking boots), but I think most normal folks break them out in the fall. So, is it officially ok to start wearing mine now? Do I have to wait for a consistent run of 60 degree weather before I can show them off?

A few years ago, I worked with a crew of ladies who had a strict rule against wearing boots too early in the season. Kind of like a no-white-after-Labor-Day rule. I mean they actually believed that if you wore boots one day when the weather was cold and sandals the next day when the weather got warmer, you had somehow violated a major fashion rule. I honestly had a boot wearing complex for a while. Hmmm...it appears I still do. So help me out, people. Is it time?

There was a chill in the air today... I'm just saying... Rules are made to be broken right? I mean the boots are FIERCE!

5 Comments:

Blogger TNDRHRT said...

Forget rules! I have boots on today! Yay!

1:46 PM  
Blogger TDJ said...

Grab your new boots and wear them bad boys tomorrow! The only rules are your own rules.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

The thing with Hollywood that you have to remember is that they NEVER really have cold weather, so for them it is OK to wear them when it's like 65. My best friend, who lives in LA, wears a wife beater, jeans, and knee boots...to work no less. The only reason we have these "rules" is because we have official, bonafide seasons.

Wear the boots darlin'...HARD!

12:24 PM  
Blogger CreoleInDC said...

Humph...well I wore a new pair on Saturday. In my world...if it's cool enough for a jacket...it's cool enough for boots. Now what about the folks in L.A.?

10:46 PM  
Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

Wear your boots!!!!! I know you looking fly in them too :)

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >