Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Yes, I can afford $4.19!

What is with the retail industry? Does no one care about offering customer's good service these days? I've posted about this before, so please bear with me as I share yet two recent encounters with the service industry:

Encounter 1
Place: Ledo's in Laurel
Offense: The cashier who assumes a $4.19 cheesecake is beyond our means

On occasion, Derrick and I like to treat ourselves to cheesecake, Ledo's cheesecake in particular. Yum! We are particularly fond of the fudge swirl cheesecake, but lately that flavor hasn't been available. Anyway, we are at the counter trying to decide which type of cheesecake we'll try. We ask the cashier a few questions about the cheesecake varieties that are on display. One cheesecake had a very colorful topping, so I asked the cashier what kind it was.

Cashier: "Starburst."
Me: "Ok. What's in the Starburst cheesecake?"
Cashier: "Um, I don't know. Starbursts I guess."

Um people, from his response I assumed the Starbursts in question was Starburst candy. I had to assume because that's all the response he could give me and he wasn't trying to check with anyone else to find out. Anyway, if it was Starburst candy (I don't think it was), I wasn't eating it because it didn't seem appetizing. So Derrick and I moved on to the next cheesecake, which was a strawberry cheesecake.

Cashier: "You know that cheesecake is $4.19, right?"
Me (in my brain): "Whaaa?"
Derrick: "Why do people keep telling me that?" (A saleswoman at Macy's asked Derrick a similar question when he was purchasing my $300 Coach bag for Christmas) "Yes, I know how much it is. I can afford it. I don't look like I can afford a $4.19 cheesecake? You know that question is offensive, right?"
Cashier: (looking totally clueless...and stupid!) Uh, no. Sorry.

What an idiot! The day a $4.19 cheesecake becomes too expensive for us, we'll keep our asses at home. Thankyouverymuch!

Oh yeah, I guess we really frazzled the cashier because he forgot to give us our cheesecake before he moved on to the next customer. (Did I mention he was an idiot?)

Encounter 2
Place: McDonald's in Laurel
Offense: The cashier who cuts people off so he can ARM WRESTLE!!!

Derrick and I pulled up to the McDonald's drive thru to place an order. As Derrick gives his order, the cashier repeatedly cuts him off, rushing him to complete his order. Derrick mentions this as we move up to the window. Derrick pays the cashier and moves on to the next window to get his food. As we get to the next window, we look inside the restaurant and see the cashier ARM WRESTLING with a coworker.

Another idiot! Actually rushing a customer so he can hurry back to his ARM WRESTLING match.

Derrick and I are seriously thinking about offering our services as secret shoppers because this mess really has to change.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a job for slappers? No...seriously...I'd like to slap some customer service people the heck out for saying stoopit ish like this. IT IS NOT MY FAULT YOUR JOB SUCKS! And if you hate it so much...why not get one that keeps you from interacting with people.

I'd apply for a job as a slapper. Seriously.

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee(Dee), I was LOLing while I was reading this, but it pisses me the fuck off. I mean, I fucking hate poor customer service and it runs so rampant in "our" communities. It really sucks. I've had two fairly recent attacks of PCS and I wish I could move to another GD county. There's just no excuse for it! Bitch at Kaiser canceled Jamal's appt and gave me the wrong date for my "next day" appt. If I didn't have email notifications from Kaiser, I would have been screwed. I called back and asked who did it and she said "she" was on the phone. Yeah right. "She" was her! FUUUUCKKK

1:43 AM  
Blogger Don't Be Silent DC said...

I've had poor customer service on numerous occasions. The ones who complain about their jobs right in front of your face...ones too busy chatting with their co-worker friends to pay attention to ringing you up...and my favorite, woman who throws money at me so she could answer a phone call. I called to complain about the last one, and the manager I was on the phone with was like, "it's the lady who was just here!" to someone in the background. Tacky and unprofessional. And people wonder why I shop on the Internet more often now.

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >