Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Mental health break

My first work day of the new year will be Wednesday, January 3 and NOT Tuesday, January 2. Why? Because I needed a BREAK!!! I worked through the Christmas holiday and unlike most of the Christmas holidays I've worked in the past, I actually WORKED this time. My client had me hopping all week.

So, when I hit the alarm several times this morning and even re-set the alarm a couple of times and STILL couldn't budge out of bed, I decided to email my boss to let him know that I needed a mental health break and wouldn't be going into the office today. I was just too exhausted. Wanna know what my wonderful boss's response was?

"Refresh your batteries and we will see you tomorrow."

Did I tell you that I'm liking my boss (in the New Year!) ;-) Just kidding. He's cool people.

Anyway, my girl Monica (who also took a mental health break) and I spent our day looking at a beautiful million dollar model home. WOW! We also went to see "Dreamgirls". LOVED IT. I especially loved Jennifer Hudson's rendition of "And I Am Telling You" and Beyonce's "Listen". Totally awesome!

Breaks are great!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your boss sounds cool!

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like or dislike my new STUPervisor. He's so hands off. He's been here since October and hasn't held one damn staff meeting! When asked, he said, "It's not my thing."

Dreamgirls was a dream. I cried four times and loved it a lot.

-T

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >