Saturday, December 30, 2006

I'm a bad blogger

It's been a while since I've posted a blog, largely because my personal laptop is having major issues. The hinge broke, which causes the screen to bend back further than is comfortable to see the screen, and it has caused the screen to become slightly distorted. I can still type and read but it's annoying as you can probably imagine. I really want to purchase a new laptop, preferably a MacBook, but one thing is stopping me: (1) the commitment I made to pay off my credit card debt.

I promised myself that for the next 2 YEARS (yes, TWO) I would pay at least $500 a month on my credit cards, AND use any extra money that comes my way towards this purpose. Oh, and I can NO LONGER use my credit card (I broke this part of the promise a little bit over the holiday, but nothing significant. I'm back on the bandwagon.) I made my promises in October and now that it's December and I'm holding on to money from the sale of my couch, an escrow overpayment check, and a work bonus, I'm seriously debating whether I should screw the second part of the promise and use this extra money towards a much needed laptop. What do you think? Should I give myself a BIG belated Christmas gift, or keep the promise I made to myself?

If it helps, I WILL NOT BREAK the first part of the promise. I WILL pay $500 a month for the next 2 years in order to pay off my debt. That's a must!

Anyway, I'm eyeing a refurbished (I'm trying to be good, ya'll) MacBook that costs between $800 and a $1,000 plus tax (Can you believe it?!!! I'm eyeing the black one.) ;-) And, yes, I know a PC would be much cheaper, but I've been wanting a Mac for a least 3 years now. I don't think I can wait another 2 years. That would be torture.

I appreciate your feedback. Thanks, folks!

Oh, MERRY belated CHRISTMAS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you were woman!

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >