Friday, December 08, 2006

Songs in my head...

on my BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm loving Corinne Bailey Rae's new self-titled CD. Derrick loves it too, which was a surprise to me since he seems to not like anything unless it's Rap or R&B. ;-) Anyway, she is truly fabulous. All of the songs on her CD are great, but my particular favorites are "Put Your Records On" and "Til It Happens to You," which you can hear on her site: http://www.corinnebaileyrae.net/. I actually love the latter song so much that I want Derrick to record me singing it, which is weird since I've never done this before or even had the desire to do so. But, hey, it's my birthday! I can want what I want ...LOL

I'm also loving Dave Hollister's single "Nothing but God" off his new gospel-tinged CD, The Book of David, Vol I: The Transition. Derrick made a CD for me and tacked this song on at the end. I love, love, love this song. If you need inspiration, this song will give it to you. I haven't heard any of the other songs on the CD yet, but I'm going to definitely check them out real soon.

Lastly, I have much love for Ludacris' new single, "Runaway Love," with Mary J Blige. What a change from all the booty music he usually puts out (although I have to admit, I love that stuff too). Love his voice. LUDA!

5 Comments:

Blogger TDJ said...

I play her songs all the time and #4, Till it Happens to You is my absolute favorite. I hope your recording goes well!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Logo?

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Logo?

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luda's growing up. Good.

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >