Saturday, December 30, 2006

PhytoSpecific: I'm a convert

If you are a black woman and not happy with the state of your relaxed hair, please check out Monica Mingo's blog Rantings from a Creole Princess and check out the link to her 2006 Healthy Hair Care Regimen that is located to the right of her blog (you'll need to scroll down). This link will lead you to a series of her posts on how she maintains her hair with products from the Phyto line of products, particularly the PhytoSpecific line.

When I first read Monica's hair care regimen, I was wearing braids. I had been wearing them for almost a year in an effort to grow my hair out after a bout of significant hair breakage caused by my poor hair care management. I originally thought a bad perm caused my hair to break off, but after reading Monica's hair care regimen, I realized that I was most likely the guilty party. I was guilty of not moisturizing my hair enough, using shampoos and conditioners that are not designed to moisturize black hair; vigorously scratching my itchy scalp (why does it itch so dang much?!); and basically not respecting the fragility of my hair. All things that Monica notes are detrimental to black hair. Anyway, after reading her hair care regimen, I became intrigued, and instead of getting my hair rebraided, I decided to take the braids out, get a fresh perm, and try out Monica's regimen. I've been very pleasantly surprised with the results. After using the fantastic (but, unfortunately, expensive) PhytoSpecific line of products Monica suggested, I've noticed a significant improvement in the health of my hair and have received many compliments. No more excessive itchiness (although it still itches occasionally); no more million strands of hair all over my shoulder and back; and no more dry, listless hair. I'm a convert.

Thanks, Monica!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

When I first found out about Phyto products I was getting my hair done in London and I was VERY nervous because it was a white salon. My hair felt soooooooo good afterwards that when I returned home I looked them up. Imagine my surprise when I found they had a line specifically for black hair. I WAS IN LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

I'm glad they are working for you Chica. Take pics so you can track your progress!

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I get a dab or two to see if it really works? LOL

Where did you buy it, online? I bet eBay has some of the products! I may get some for Laiky.

-T

1:48 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mack's Granddaughter said...

Anonymous (Tiff), I bought my products online at Sephora.com. I looked at Ebay first and found it but the prices were about the same when you took the cost of shipping into account. I did find a place that's slightly cheaper than Sephora. There's a beauty supply store at the Greenway Shopping Center in Greenbelt. There are actually two in the shopping center, but the one that has the PhytoSpecific products (the full line) is right next to the Bath and Body Works. It's much more upscale than the other store, and the PhytoSpecific products are about $2 to $3 cheaper than the ones on Sephora.com and the Phyto.com site. Uh huh... a whole $2 to $3 cheaper. Wooooow! ;-)

If cost is an issue, I would recommend starting with the Moisturizing Balm. It's the everyday product, and it's amazing.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >