Thursday, September 21, 2006

Act 2: Getting my work out on

I've worked at my company for a year and some change and just found out THIS WEEK that there is a gym on the premises (in the building adjacent to mine) that is available for all employees for FREE.

A coworker hipped me to the gym and took me to see it the other day. It's smaller than a typical gym of course but large enough to have 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals (my favorite machine), 2 exercise bikes, free weights, a circuit machine, some other machines that I didn't get to check out, a big TV in the corner, and space to stretch. Oh, it also has a locker room/bathroom with showers. Did I mention that all this is FREE?!

It's funny how I confess that I need to save money AND lose weight and a few days later I'm blessed with access to a free gym. I tell you the Lord works in mysterious ways.

Anyway, I can't believe I've slept on this all this time. Before I can start using the gym, I have to sign a waiver (which I did yesterday) which basically promises that I won't sue the building if I keel over from a heart attack and that I won't invite people to use the facility who are not employed in the buildings. Now I just have to wait (hopefully only a couple of days) for management to activate my key card to gain access to the gym and then I'll be on my way to getting my work out on!

1 Comments:

Blogger TNDRHRT said...

You are so lucky to have a gym at work! If we had one here, I'd actually come in to work early just to work out. The crazy thing is that we have showers, but no gym. Go figure!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >