Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New paint smell...aaaaaahhhh

My upstairs hall bathroom is FINALLY painted in a color I can live with. No more Pepto Bismol pink that the previous home owners loved so much, no more hideous crayon blue that I thought would look nice with the ugly blue laminate floors, and no more baby blue that I thought would look nicer with the ugly blue laminate floors. Oh, and no more ugly blue laminate floors. I replaced them with a nice off-white ceramic tile. But wait, I haven't gotten to the best part... the new color in the bathroom is:

The color of light oatmeal or Sandstone (to be exact)

I LOVE IT!!!! It makes the bathroom look big and airy and has a sort of Zen-like, spa appeal. In fact, I'm so in love with this new color, I'm now thinking of staining the bathroom cabinet, which is currently a honey brown color, a dark chocolate brown to complement the walls and further expand the Zen-like appeal of the room. I'm actually excited about decorating this bathroom now. I'm imagining a dark wicker basket on the sink counter, candles, dark brown shelving with knicknacks, and maybe even a couple of pictures on the wall to tie the whole room together. I can't wait to get started.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffanie said...

Be careful to check your cabinets before you stain them. Make sure that they're real wood and that no parts of the vinyl siding are showing. Who painted it?

2:11 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mack's Granddaughter said...

Vinyl siding on a sink cabinet? Never thought of that. I'll have to check it.

Derrick, my boo, painted it. When it comes to painting, Derrick is a perfectionist. The rooms he has painted look VERY nice.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


< ? Blogs By Black Women # >